- Adventure Awaits!
Visit Real Pirates Salem
The most exciting new museum in Salem, Massachusetts.
- Adult Ages 15+
- Child Ages 5-14
- Seniors 65 and Over
Real Pirates Salem – Museum Experience
Voyage through pirate history with a museum over 300 years in the making! Real Pirates Salem features real artifacts and treasure from the shipwrecked Whydah Gally. From lore to legendary find, see and touch the world’s only authenticated pirate treasure ever discovered – including coins, cannons, and weapons – recovered from the ocean floor by underwater explorer Barry Clifford. Experience includes:
- Two free photo booth memory moments, so that you can download and take your journey home with you.
- Interactive stations to test your pirate abilities and a spot to touch real silver pieces of eight discovered at the Whydah wreck site.
- Exploration of the Discovery Lab to learn about the archaeological preservation process of centuries-old artifacts pulled from the depths.
Real Pirates Salem – Director’s Tour Experience
Everything included in the traditional museum experience, with the following special additions:
- Personal guided tour of the museum with one of our knowledgeable pirates, who will give you the “ins and outs” of the museum – including facts that might otherwise pass you by.
- Gold coin for each member of your boarding party that secures you $5 off $10 or more in our Plundered Goods gift shop.
- Complimentary postcard with access to an audio tour of the shipwreck recovery narrated by discoverer Barry Clifford.
Real Pirates Salem – Group Experience
For more information on parties, private events, and special tours, visit our Group Tours page or contact us at [email protected].
Keep up with the journey by following @realpiratessalem on Instagram and Facebook! Your adventure awaits… find us docked on Forten Park at 285 Derby Street (Getting To Real Pirates and Parking in Salem, Massachusetts).